Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was uneventful for the most part. Took two of my kids to my mom and dads to visit for awhile and go through some of my old stuff there to see what I could get rid of. There wasn’t much, but rummaging through what was there was rather interesting. I ran across an old calendar book from 2007…it brought back some happy memories as well as some bad!! But like they say, you have to take the good with the bad, right? That I did! I learned alot from that time in my life and I use what I’ve learned in the present time.
Anyway, it’s time for FMM (Friend Making Monday)
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: How Do You Celebrate?
1. When is your birthday? May 5
2. Do you like to celebrate it or do you prefer to keep it quiet? I like both. Whatever happens, happens!
3. Have you ever had a surprise party? My parents threw me a surprise birthday party at the park for my 16th birthday. I LOVED it!! My boyfriend also surprised me last month by getting my family together…which totally threw me off guard, but I LOVED it just as well!
4. What sign are you? Does it represent you well? I’m a Taurus. Taurus represents me well….if you don’t know too much about the Taurus people, here’s a little bit to go on:
Dependable, patient, musical, practical.
Stubborn, uncompromising, possessive.
Solid, big bones, tendency to gain weight.
Gardening, cooking, working with hands, music, romance, high-quality clothing. (I’m not a great gardner at all, but I try!! )
Sudden changes, complications, insecurity of any kind, synthetic fabrics.
A secluded home close to nature. Good food is also important. Beauty and comfort are a must.
5. Do you tell the truth about your age? Absolutely! I’m going to be 43 in less than a month! I have very little grey hair and very little wrinkles. I’m proud of that. My kids are often asked if I’m their sister or mother. Ok, it does go to my head a little bit but it does feel good to appear to be younger thatn my age. But then again, age is just a number!!
6. Share your best birthday memory. Every birthday has had some type of memory, mainly good, but one does stick out in my mind and that was facing divorce on my 35 birthday. I don’t dwell on it much anymore because I am happier now than I was in my past relationship.
7. Share a few item that could be on your birthday wishlist. I would love to go to Hawaii at some point….take a little vacation– just enjoy some down time.
8. What is your favorite kind of cake? Chocolate is my poison : )
9. If you could be anywhere on your next birthday, where would you be? I’d be on a Hawaiian beach, with my friends and family.
10. Do you make a wish when you blow out the candles? Every year! Sometimes I do
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can – I’ve met some fantastic people through FMM. You never know who you’ll meet today.