Happy Memorial Day and a huge great thank you to all those who have served and are serving in the military…..if not for your service and dedication to our country we wouldn’t be able to have the freedom we have!!
Click on the following link, it is a great reminder of what Memorial Day is about. Be prepared as it is a tear jerker. Just had to share.
I haven’t posted in a few days. I sort’ve fell off the band wagon, so to speak, in the quest for health and weight loss. I’ve been having my car worked on & have been stressing out having to rely on others to get me to and from work. Thank god for the great boyfriend i have. He’s been my personal mechanic (also trying to save me money on labor costs). Bless his heart, he’s been stressing because he hates seeing me stressed out. The good thing is, is that those that I’ve been able to call on for rides or what not, have not complained about helping me out. Those are the true family & friends, and I am deeply blessed!!!
This week I plan on getting back on track and following through….so cheer me on : )
Now time for FMM- Friend Making Monday (found at Bella on the Beach)
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new (I Which I am) please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What is your favorite summer fruit? I love all summer fruits, but I think mine has to be watermelon. (really cold watermelon)
2. Do you know how to swim? I do know how to swim, but I am terrified to really give it a good go. I had an experience some years ago in a pool, I was racing with my daughter (she was about 8 or 9), she got tired and went to reach for the side wall but inadvertantly got me somehow and pushed me down, I panicked and ever since then, I’ve been a big chicken.
3. Do you prefer sun or snow? I live in California so I’ve never really had the opportunity to experience snow. When I see pictures of the winter with snow outside, I tend to wish that I lived in an area that had snow. But I hear from people who have lived in the snow that it’s not that easy. I would at least love to experience it once.
4. What temperature do you like most inside your home? Right around 70 is about right.
5. Is it humid where you live? It is not usually humid. There are some occasions when it does get humid, but it’s few and far between.
6. What is your favorite food to put on the grill? Most of the time it’s my boyfriend who is barbequing, so we usually have tri-tip, chicken or hot dogs and hamburgers.
7. Do you prefer to wear a one-piece or two-piece swim suit? I am very insecure about how I look (but I am working on that), so I tend to avoid swim suits all together. I usually wear shorts and a tank top.
8. What is your favorite summer drink? If we’re talking alcoholic drinks, I don’t drink anymore. My boyfriend can’t drink, so I choose to support him and not have any. But if we’re talking regular drinks, than I would have to say ice cold water.
9. Do you prefer the pool or the ocean? Since I don’t swim- I don’t really have a preference. I love to watch my kids swim at the pool so I’ll stay on the side. But I love the smell of the ocean and beauty of it.
10. What are you looking forward to most over the summer? I’m looking forward to spending more time with my family, finishing up my general ed classes and getting back into shape.
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! And also be sure to go back to Kenlie’s blog and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! I really encourage you to comment on as many people’s posts as you can.You never know who you’ll meet today.